Monday, May 24, 2010

Could I defragment my hard disc even though Gateway formatted my new hard disc backwards?

o.k where to start! I am on second p.c from gateway w/vista this year.I have had problems with aol not responding and losing connection constantly.Plus numerous other handy little problems.I wound up getting a new hard drive 1 month after purchase because I tryed to do a factory re install after all the little problems. The re install caused me to lose my boot manager and I had no recovery period .So they send me a new hard drive partitioned backwards" yea that is what I said"!I have 0 recovery partition now.I am wondering can I defragment my hard disc,if it is formatted backwards already?Yea I know crazy.This is only a portion of the story.Not to mention the fact that my atm interface "made by gateway"isnt vista combatible neither is intel active management.And they wont help me substitute them they just say uninstall vista.I bought the comp with vista folks!!My advice buy a hp.

Could I defragment my hard disc even though Gateway formatted my new hard disc backwards?
yes
Reply:In your opinion its backwards. Can you access files ? Can you save files ?





If so, its not hardward backwards.





Give defrag a try.





On your recover partition, is it hidden ? Give it a try by hitting F8 when you boot and see if there is a recovery option. I'm not saying go back to Factory Settings ( unless you messed up one time (like me)) but see if it's there.





Sarge


PS: AOL is from Hell. It changes and manipulates too much in my registry and networking to ever trust it.


No comments:

Post a Comment